Monday, October 22, 2007

Daily Log of In Classroom Events

10.11 (Thursday)
My first day in the classroom. The students appeared hesitant and unsure as to what to do, or how to do brainstorming in a group. It was interesting to be around students who are hesitant to draw - one student commented that she didn't want to draw because she didnt know how to and it would not look good. A question that kept popping up in my head was, why are they affraid to draw? I do not draw particularly well, but I still try - I've come to love my stick figures - they're just a means of communicating an idea - it doesnt have to be perfect. How do I convey this to students? I drew my own community brainstorm sketches and told them, I dont draw well, but here is my community. That didnt seem to help them overcome their shyness.

Another observation was how hard it was to engage and get the students to verbally interact with each other or us as mentors.

10.12 (Friday)
More interaction, a bit more fluid.


10.18 (Thursday)


10.19 (Friday)

No comments: